Are you passionate about collecting, storing, and analysing big data? Are you constantly looking for ways to work smarter, delivering new efficiencies anywhere an improvement can be made? Are you able to explain the most technical data to the least technical people without any confusion?
If yes, you are very likely the one to enjoy this role!
For our client, an international software company specialising in software products, IT consulting and development offices in Europe and the United States, we are currently looking to add to the team an experienced Middle/Senior Big Data Engineer in our Sofia office. In a team with highly qualified colleagues, you will work on a project with US AdTech, connects consumer experiences at scale via media and technology.
About the project
Commerce platform for the open internet connects advertising, marketing, and CX through critical data and engaging digital experiences across platforms ranging from mobile to connected TV. Across Connected TV, Mobile, and Desktop the product empowers premium publishers to create experiences that allow them serving the widest possible audience by optimizing consumers’ time and attention and delivering impactful results for advertisers. As a Data Engineer, you will be an important part of the team that owns data infrastructure and works with Warehousing Management technologies.
- Perform various tasks, from reading Kinesis streams using Spark Streaming, to joining and aggregating huge data sets, to integrating with third party data sources
- Develop and launch new features to satisfy business needs
- Be an active and engaged owner of data infrastructure
- Be curious and seek to understand all aspects of the product
- Comply with the best engineering practices, technical standards, and quality criteria set forth on the project
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across various systems
- Collaborate with Data Science, Product, Research, and Engineering teams to iterate on the roadmap
- Gather requirements when under specified
- 3+ years commercial experience with Big Data technologies
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Good familiarity in Redshift
- High familiarity with Python, Scala
- Experience debugging and optimizing Spark jobs
- Good knowledge of cloud providers like AWS or Google Cloud
- Familiarity with database fundamentals, such as ACID, snowflake schema, normalized/denormalized data
- Experience working with HDFS and S3 – a plus
- Familiarity with Data Science tooling in Spark – a plus
- Experience with Warehousing Management – a plus
- Experience in the advertising industry and with real-time analytics – a plus
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
Would be a plus
- High level of self-organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Striving to high quality solutions
- Flexibility and initiative
- Participate in challenging projects for major global companies
- Diversity of Domains & Businesses
- Competitive remuneration
- Excellent social package – health insurance, food vouchers, etc
- Active professional community
- Variety of technologies
- Positive and friendly work environment in a team of qualified and fresh-minded professionals sharing knowledge
- Excellent office location close to a metro station
- Fun work environment
Looks interesting? Send your CV today.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.